Why Consider Porous Reaction Bonded Silicon Carbide (SiC) Filters?
- Stability in corrosive applications
- Outstanding thermal shock & creep resistance at over 1000°C
- Higher temperature capability than porous metal & glass bonded ceramics
Choose Refractron for:
- Responsive customer service, simple quotes within 24 hours
- Free, personalized engineering assessments
- 35+ years of experience designing, engineering & manufacturing porous ceramics
- ISO9001:2015 certified
Refractron is a leader in porous ceramics for separation, purification, and filtration. Our standard SiC formulations range from 6 microns to 42 but air flow and filtration can be tailored with or without a membrane. The formulations can be used to create a variety of shapes, but they are often used to make elements or hot gas candles to filter emissions. SiC plates are used as vacuum chucks. Standard hot gas candles are manufactured with 3.15” flanges, 2.38” outer diameter, 1.56” inner diameter at lengths up to 60” (1500mm) and plates are routinely manufactured up to 12” (305mm) in length and width. Additional sizes and shapes can be discussed during an initial engineering assessment.
How Can We Help You?
For over 35 years, Refractron’s dedicated team of engineers and salespeople have worked closely with our customers to develop innovative solutions based on their commercial needs and technical requirements. Contact Adam Osekoski, Director of Sales & Marketing at Refractron, (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to discuss how our ceramic solutions and services that can help you save money, improve operational efficiency, and bolster your supply chain.