Why Specify Partially Stabilized Alumina Toughened Zirconia (ATZ) Parts?
- Exceptional ceramic properties extend maintenance cycles, reduce costs, improve process reliability, and drive equipment performance
- 3 times stronger than toughened MgPSZ, & 30% stronger than YTZP
- Comparable wear resistance to tungsten carbide but with 2X the toughness, and better corrosion resistance at 1/3 the weight!
Use Refractron to Meet Your Business Objectives!
- 20 years expertise in manufacturing toughened zirconia for OEMs
- Free engineering assessments and design support
- Responsive customer service, simple quotes within 24 hours
- Face to face meetings to align goals, and discuss experiences, and technical requirements
- Improve supply chain reliability
Refractron’s HIPed alumina toughened zirconia (ATZ), made in Rochester NY, is a truly exceptional material for severe applications that demand wear resistance, strength, and fracture toughness. It is a composite material consisting of small alumina particles in a YTZP matrix. It is used to make components like wire guides, dies, MWD rotors and drilling nozzles. ATZ parts can be polished to a sub Ra micron finish and our machinists can control dimensions to .0002” (.005mm).