Alumina Toughened Zirconia (ATZ)
Why Specify Partially Stabilized Alumina Toughened Zirconia (ATZ) Parts?
- Exceptional ceramic properties extend maintenance cycles, reduce costs, improve process reliability, and drive equipment performance
- 3 times stronger than toughened MgPSZ, & 30% stronger than YTZP
- Comparable wear resistance to tungsten carbide but with 2X the toughness, and better corrosion resistance at 1/3 the weight!
Use Refractron to Meet Your Business Objectives!
- 20 years expertise in manufacturing toughened zirconia for OEMs
- Free engineering assessments and design support
- Responsive customer service, simple quotes within 24 hours
- Face to face meetings to align goals, and discuss experiences, and technical requirements
- Improve supply chain reliability
Applications for ATZ
Refractron’s HIPed alumina toughened zirconia (ATZ), made in Rochester NY, is a truly exceptional material for severe applications that demand wear resistance, strength, and fracture toughness. It is a composite material consisting of small alumina particles in a YTZP matrix. It is used to make components like wire guides, dies, MWD rotors and drilling nozzles. ATZ parts can be polished to a sub Ra micron finish and our machinists can control dimensions to .0002” (.005mm).
How Can We Help You?
Contact Adam Osekoski, Director of Sales & Marketing at Refractron +1 315 573 1134, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn if ATZ Parts from Refractron can help you improve the performance and reliability of your critical equipment, save you money and bolster your supply chain. Adam is a ceramic engineer with over 25 years experience designing, manufacturing and selling ceramics into critical applications like those drilling oil, drawing wire, metering chemicals and extending the life of high pressure valves.